A message from development and alumni affairs

Greetings from Public Health and Health Professions Development!

Sam Wagner

Sam Wagner

My name is Sam Wagner and I am the new associate director of development and alumni affairs for the College of Public Health and Health Professions.  Since moving to Gainesville only a few short months ago, I have met so many wonderful alumni and friends and I look forward to the opportunities ahead to meet many more.

As you may be aware, UF is currently in a $3 billion capital campaign. The Go Greater campaign is in its fifth year and thanks to the generosity of alumni, friends, corporations and foundations, PHHP is closing in on 75 percent of its $20 million goal. Last year, 343 PHHP alumni gave to the college, including 183 new donors.  Alumni participation in giving back to UF and PHHP is essential for us to continue the momentum as private support allows our students and faculty to address the nation’s ever changing health care demands.

I invite you to consider making a commitment to our students and faculty by making an annual gift of any amount to PHHP. Areas of support range from student scholarships, faculty research or unrestricted support for the most emergent needs of the college or department. Support of PHHP allows us to have an even bigger impact on the health of individuals and communities both locally and nationally.

Also, be on the lookout for two exciting opportunities to give back. First, we will kick off the Legacy Challenge in the next few months, which is a great way to leave a lasting impact. Second, we will host UF Giving day on February 26, 2019. We hope to have a great showing of PHHP alumni giving back!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 358-273-6540 or samuel.wagner@ufl.edu to discuss how you can make an impact with annual support.