A message from the office of development and alumni affairs

Carol and Bob Gwin with scholarship recipient Zachary Pindar.

Bob and Carol Gwin with scholarship recipient Zachary Pindar.

carol-and-zachOne of the things I love the most about my job is meeting with the great supporters of PHHP. During our conversations I always learn something new and I always walk away more inspired than when I first sat down.

Bob (BSEE ’70) and Carol (BSOT ’69) Gwin are long-time supporters of the college and the department of occupational therapy. Bob and Carol created the Alice C. Jantzen Fellowship in 2008 in honor of the founding OT department chair who was instrumental in Carol’s education and career. Since the fellowship’s inception, it has helped lessen the financial burden of several occupational therapy students.

During a recent visit with Bob and Carol, they told me how much they enjoyed meeting with the latest student to receive the Jantzen scholarship. This is something they do for each recipient; they take the student to dinner and learn a little bit more about him or her. And of course, they always take a picture. Bob and Carol said these are memories they will cherish for years to come.

Many opportunities exist to make an impact on the education of a PHHP student. To learn how you can help support students in our college, please contact me at lmstevens@phhp.ufl.edu.

Lindsey Stevens
Director, PHHP development and alumni affairs
lmstevens@phhp.ufl.edu; 352-273-6540